'I was abused too': Gabby Douglas claims she was assaulted by former USA Gymnastics team doctor - days after apologizing for 'victim shaming' fellow Fierce Five star Aly Raisman

Mail Online | 6/23/2017 | Jessa Schroeder;Keith Griffith;Matthew Wright For Dailymail.com
KHALED (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/22/01/4696EF7C00000578-0-image-a-2_1511312597025.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/11/23/7806632874394665226/1024x576_MP4_7806632874394665226.mp4

American gymnast Gabby Douglas apologized once more and opened up on her own experiences with sexual abuse after being slammed for victim shaming.

On Tuesday, Douglas retracted remarks again which suggested women hold a responsibility to dress 'modestly' and act 'classy' - following bombshell allegations by her former teammate, Aly Raisman, against the team's ex-doctor, Larry Nassar.

Douglas - Raisman - Story - Nassar - Victims

Now, Douglas has come forward claiming there is more to Raisman's story, while revealing she, too, was one of Nassar's victims.

'I didn't publicly share my experiences as well as many other things because for years we were conditioned to stay silent and honestly, some things were extremely painful,' the Olympian, 21, wrote in the social media statement.

'It - Leotards - Fault - Larry - Nassar

'It would be like saying that because of the leotards we wore, it was our fault that we were abused by Larry Nassar.'

In the 'please hear my heart' post, Douglas further went on to share her support for Raisman, 23, and well as other fellow Fierce Five star, McKayla Maroney, 21, who also claimed to be a victim.

'I - Comments - Victim - Shaming - Matter

'I didn't view my comments as victim shaming because I know that no matter what you wear, it NEVER gives anyone the right to harass or abuse you.

'I wholeheartedly support my teammates for coming forward with what happened to them,' Douglas added.

Friday - Douglas - Twitter - Share - Thoughts

On Friday, Douglas took to Twitter to share her thoughts on Raisman's allegations.

She was responding to the lengthy post by Raisman earlier in the day, which read in part: 'Just because a woman does a sexy photoshoot or wears a sexy outfit does not give a man the right to shame her or not believe her when she comes forward about sexual abuse.'

Douglas - 'However - Responsibility - Women - Way

Douglas responded: 'However it is our responsibility as women to dress modestly and be classy. Dressing in a provocative/sexual way entices the wrong crowd.'

Another member of the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tyranny has such cute names, like Democrat, Republican, Congress, Senate...