Ex-Hillary Clinton Aide Slams Kirsten Gillibrand for Saying Bill Clinton Should Have Resigned

Breitbart | 11/19/2017 | Staff
penaert (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/11/DEM_2016_Clinton-Gillibrand-AP-PhotoMike-Groll.jpg

A male former Hillary Clinton aide launched an astonishing attack on Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) after the senator said Thursday that Bill Clinton should have resigned the presidency over his sexual impropriety when he was in the White House.

“Yes I think that is the appropriate response,” Gillibrand told the New York Times when asked if Clinton should have stepped down in the wake of his affair with then-White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

Things - Today - Circumstances - Reaction - Light

“Things have changed today, and I think under those circumstances there should be a very different reaction,” she said. “And I think in light of this conversation, we should have a very different conversation about President Trump, and a very different conversation about allegations against him.”

But Gillibrand’s comments infuriated former Clinton aide Philippe Reines who, in a savage tirade, dismissed the Lewinsky scandal as a “consensual ****” and called Gillibrand a “hypocrite.”

Yrs - Clintons - Endorsements - Money - Seat

“Over 20 yrs you took the Clintons’ endorsements, money, and seat,” he wrote on Twitter. “Hypocrite.”

He also cast aspersions on how Gillibrand’s statement would play out if she chose to run for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020.

Strategy - Primaries - Luck - Tactic - Clintons

“Interesting strategy for 2020 primaries. Best of luck,” he said. However, it is far from clear that a tactic of distancing herself from the Clintons would indeed be politically dangerous, as Reines suggests.

Democrats and left-wing pundits have been engaging in a re-evaluation in recent weeks...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!