Republicans Invade a Family Event

Townhall | 11/19/2017 | Staff
Sugar12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/ha/2016/315/9ba2a417-abf6-449b-bbad-32d986fbf66b.jpg

Do Conservatives And Liberals Have Enough in Common to Keep A Country Together Anymore?

With Thanksgiving around the corner, I thought you would enjoy this family story.

Everyone - Tales - Trauma - Family - Event

Everyone has tales of trauma from attending a family event. If you are a Jewish Republican, you may have a few more especially if you have family on the East Coast. Though we had an overall joyful experience (just travelling with our two grown children was rewarding enough), we had what most would consider a challenge because of the clash of cultures.

We arrived for Friday night Shabbat services and then went to a family dinner immediately after. We were seated randomly at a table of older family members who are bred as quintessential East Coast liberals. They would be bereft if their children did not go to the right college and get a proper advanced degree. Though they had spent eight years belittling George W. Bush, they have special venom for the heathen Trump.

Wife - Conversation - Others - Republican - Occurrence

My wife and I would never start a political conversation. But the others could not help themselves. Partially this is because interacting with a Republican is a rare occurrence for them and they want to explore the mind of these unique beings.

They first went after my wife for Trump’s comments on the Access Hollywood Tape. They were chastising her for not properly denouncing Trump. Of course, short of disembowelment, nothing would be proper treatment in their eyes. The sad thing is they really did not know who they were addressing.

Wife - Young - Leadership - Award - Women

My wife was previously awarded the Young Leadership Award for the Women’s Division of the Los Angeles Jewish Federation. After starting her own business, she then went on to become president of the Los Angeles chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO-LA). From there she became president of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Townhall
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Merry Christmas! It's not just for December any longer!