'American Horror Story' Finale Embodies Everything It Says is Wrong with America

NewsBusters | 11/15/2017 | Staff
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/american_horror_story_cult_-_great_again_-_11_57_51_pm.jpg

The finale of American Horror Story: Cult aired on November 15. The episode "Great Again" focused on the cultish nature of politics and the way in which people can come to worship the symbols of American freedom without thinking about what they really mean. Of course, because this is a Ryan Murphy show, and he's a raging Hollywood liberal, these thoughts were delivered by liberal (who is a feminist hero) and a man who was, for much of the series, portrayed as a Trump supporter (a lunatic murderer/cult leader who turned out to be a white nationalist).

With Ally Mayfair-Richards (Sarah Paulson) having gone undercover in Kai's (Evan Peters) cult for the FBI and brought it down on the inside, Kai is safely in prison (or not-so-safely, since he's still murdering people in there as a skinhead cult leader). Ally has found herself as something of a hero amongst American women for not only having survived the cult, but having brought it down. The world also believes that Kai killed her wife, although she actually did that herself. She decides to use this as a springboard from which to run for Senate.

Ally - Jill - Stein - Something - Wife

You may recall that Ally voted for Jill Stein, something for which her late wife Ivy (Alison Pill) never forgave her. In her campaign ad, she portrays both major parties as cults. "Now that I've escaped a cult, I'm running for Senate to help you escape yours," she says in the voiceover of her ad, "It's time we band together to bring down all cults-- the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, the entire two-party system. I know what it looks like when a powerful few control the many. On Capitol Hill, they may not want to listen to a woman who will take a sledgehammer to their antiquated...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
32 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?