Keurig Coffee Maker Joins Growing List of Business Idiots on Parade…

The Last Refuge | 11/13/2017 | sundance
Click For Photo: https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/dindu-nuffin-cat.jpg

Like most consumer-oriented companies, Keurig’s media purchases are driven by delivery of ratings for our target consumer audience. We also have a defined set of programming guidelines to ensure we deliver our advertising in the right programming environment and protect our brand from objectionable content.

The fact is, our consumer demographics match well with live news programming, which is why we advertise on nearly all cable news channels, ranging from MSNBC to Fox to CNN, all of which will continue. However, given the dynamic nature of news, we always need to evaluate that programming environment on a real-time basis.

Catalyst - Situation - Sean - Hannity - TV

The catalyst for the current situation was commentary made by Sean Hannity on his TV and radio programs last week, which sparked a significant number of consumer complaints directed to us as advertisers on his TV program. Hannity himself later apologized for his comments in his own tweet: “As I said on TV tonight, I apologize when I misspoke and was not totally clear earlier today.”

In most situations such as this one, we would “pause” our advertising on that particular program and reevaluate our go-forward strategy at a later date. That represents a prudent “business as usual” decision for us, as the protection of our brand is our...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Last Refuge
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!