Only in New York! LeBron and the Cavs take the subway home from shootaround - but one clueless commuter was none too pleased

Mail Online | 11/14/2017 | Ashley Collman For Dailymail.com
abbycraig (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/13/22/4650551700000578-0-image-a-96_1510613564375.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/11/13/4446519140463297006/1024x576_MP4_4446519140463297006.mp4

LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers had a humbling experience on Monday, when they took the New York City subway and then had a run-in with an annoyed commuter who didn't recognize them.

The Cavs had a shootaround Monday morning at Madison Square Garden, in preparation for the night's game against the Knicks.

Video - Uninterrupted - LeBron - Team - Subway

In a video uploaded to Uninterrupted, LeBron says the team decided to take the subway back to their hotel when they learned it would be much faster than driving the team bus through New York City traffic.

In another clip posted to the NBA's Twitter, the team is seen descending the steps into the subway at Penn Station.

Downtown - Train - LeBron - Cameras - Time

While waiting for their downtown train to come, LeBron tells the cameras that it's only the second time he's ever ridden on a Subway, the first time being in Philadelphia.

Once on the train, LeBron takes out his own phone and starts recording the rare experience.

Way - Shootaround - Transportation - Time - Kyle

'On our way back from shootaround, so we decided to take a different transportation this time. Where we at Kyle?' LeBron asks his teammate Kyle Korver, sitting to his left.

'We had two options - a 45-minute bus ride or a six-minute train ride,' Korver responds.

Train - Squad - LeBron - Camera - Rest

'So we decided to hop on the train with the squad,' LeBron says, panning his camera to see the rest of the team standing and holding onto overhead poles as the train moves.

LeBron then flips the camera so it's directed back at his face, and he notions to a man sitting to his right.

'I - Dude - LeBron

'I don't know this dude right here, he trippin'" LeBron says.

The man then shoots LeBron an angry look, puts his hand in front of the camera and says 'Can you not?!' before getting up to leave.

LeBron - Man - Spot

LeBron starts laughing as he moves over to take the man's spot.

'Now we...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Have you forgotten?