Australian man elected mayor of historical U.S. city where Americans declared their independence more than 200 years ago after landslide win

Mail Online | 11/12/2017 | Kirby Spencer For Daily Mail Australia
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/11/10/463AC5C500000578-0-image-a-32_1510395203464.jpg

An Australian man has been elected the mayor of Annapolis, one of America's oldest cities, following a landslide victory.

Gavin Buckley, originally from Perth in Western Australia, emerged triumphant this week after making the decision to run for the position 18 months ago.

Belmont - Mr - Buckley - State - Maryland

Despite growing up in Belmont, Mr Buckley has since become a naturalised American after settling in the state of Maryland with his wife Julie, according to the ABC.

He is a small business owner in the city, with his community-minded focus at the forefront of his campaign.

Mayor - Aspirations - Job - Vision - City

'I'm not running for Mayor because I have higher political aspirations. I'm not running because I need a job. I'm running because I have a vision for what our city and community can be,' he said on his website.

Following his win, Mr Buckley thanked those who voted for him and reiterated his commitment to 'get the job done'.

Support - Vision - Annapolis

'I am extremely grateful for your support and I am so proud that our vision for a strong, inclusive and vibrant Annapolis is shared by so many,'...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Conservatives are to the GOP what oil is to water, and the GOPe spend most of their time skimming it off or setting it on fire.