THE RED COUCH: SHELOVES BOOK CLUB

SheLoves Magazine | 11/10/2017 | sheloves
Click For Photo: http://shelovesmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/kaitlin-curtice-hijab4.jpg

One day while shopping at our favorite international farmer’s market, Eliot grabbed my hand and led me to the chocolate and candy aisle where a woman wearing a hijab stood, expecting me.

“She wants to give you one!” shouted Eliot as he pointed to her purple head covering.

Gift - Mother - Hijab - Week - Wednesday

Because he’d told her how beautiful she was, she offered a most beautiful gift to his mother, who she’d just met. She told me to come back for my very own hijab the next week. On a Wednesday afternoon, I stopped by the market for fresh salmon and asparagus and there she was—stocking the shelves with chocolates.

We did not know each other’s names, only faces. I apologized for not coming sooner, and she led me to the back of the store. She had been keeping two hijabs in her locker waiting for me.

Managers - Gifts - Customers - Twinkle - Eye

“We cannot tell the managers. We cannot give gifts to customers, you see?” she said with a twinkle in her eye and a smile. She told me discreetly to wait by the assorted rice, and came back a moment later with a small gray plastic bag.

“You choose. Purple or blue with this bracelet.”

Face - One - Love - One - Eye—his

I looked up at her shining face and said I’d love the blue one. We embraced and she sent love to my little one who first introduced us through his aesthetic eye—his gift for finding...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SheLoves Magazine
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: