'I was scared half to death': Frankie Bridge left 'emotionally drained' after her son Parker, four, was suddenly taken ill and rushed to hospital

Mail Online | 11/11/2017 | Ekin Karasin For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/10/23/4638680300000578-0-image-a-175_1510358240072.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/09/22/4188927096482479114/1024x576_MP4_4188927096482479114.mp4

Frankie Bridge was left 'scared half to death' after her four-year-old son Parker was taken ill and rushed to hospital.

The Saturdays singer revealed the youngster was suddenly struck down with croup - a condition that affects children's airways and leaves them struggling to breathe.

Snap - Parker - ITV - Gala - Thursday

Sharing a snap of herself cuddling Parker, the 'emotionally drained' 28-year-old explained that she missed the ITV gala on Thursday to look after her 'little man'.

Explaining their emotional rollercoaster, Frankie posted an Instagram photo of Parker wrapped his arms around her.

Face - Mum - Child - Half - Death

She wrote: 'The face of a proud emotionally drained Mum who’s child has been really poorly and scared her half to death and a child who is the prime example of how well and quickly they bounce back.

'This little man is so full of love and this surprise hug felt more amazing than he will ever know... not sure who was looking after who...?

ITV - Gala - Mumma - Tonight - Home

'No ITV gala for this mumma tonight. All home now so cuddles and Christmas movies are the order of the day. Croup is not our friend. #family #love #son #mum #nhs.'

Croup is a childhood condition that makes it difficult to breathe, and causes a hoarse voice and barking cough. It affects the windpipe, airways to the lungs and the voice box.

Frankie - Followers - Comments - Share - Harrowing

Frankie's sympathetic followers flocked to the comments to share their own harrowing experiences with the condition and offer their support.

'My son suffers from croup, We had an overnight stay in September, it is honestly the most terrifying things bearing them struggle to breath,' one wrote.

'It - Something - Son - Nights - Mornings

'It’s scary and something my son - 14 now - and I have been through together. Many nights and early mornings sat on sofa with him (and me) propped up to help his breathing,' another added.

A third reassured: 'It's incredibly scary when they're struggling for breath but as soon...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!