Star Trek: Discovery Recap: Loops!... Mudd Did It Again (& Again & Again)

TVLine | 10/29/2017 | Dave Nemetz
hey13 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/star-trek-discovery-episode-7-burnham.jpg?w=1024

Burnham is feeling more at home on the Discovery, and even experiencing some unfamiliar feelings towards new crew addition Lt. Ash Tyler. (“I find him… intriguing,” she narrates.) She still feels awkward at a crew party, but her roomie Tilly is letting loose, playing beer pong and confessing, “I’m kind of going through a musician phase right now.” (You go, Tilly!) She encourages Burnham to chat up Tyler, but they’re interrupted by a call to the bridge: The ship has spotted a gormagander — a kind of winged space whale — that looks to be in distress, and they beam it aboard for Burnham to take a closer look.

Once the creature is onboard, though, it opens its mouth, and a masked man jumps out, shooting crew members while Burnham takes cover. The shooter takes off his mask to reveal: It’s Harry Mudd! He tells Lorca he’s plotting to sell the Discovery to the Klingons as revenge for Lorca ditching him on that prison ship and keeping him from his beloved Stella: “Also, I’m going to kill you as many times as possible.” He’s not taking the ship right now, he explains, but just collecting data to do it later, “or, rather, earlier.” Then Mudd triggers an explosion that blows up the entire ship… and we’re back at the party again. Huh? What in the name of James Tiberius Kirk is going on here?

Trek - Fans - Ship - Loop - Period

Well, Trek fans have probably caught on by now: The ship is caught in a temporal loop, with a certain period of time repeating itself over and over again, Groundhog Day-style. The party happens just like last time, but Stamets stops Burnham and Tyler on their way to the bridge, ranting about the gormagander… which Burnham and Tyler then hear about on the bridge. They wonder how Stamets...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Economic projections are useless with out the exact timer they will occur