Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke says he had 'absolutely nothing to do' with $300 million Puerto Rico electric-grid contract awarded to two-man company from his tiny hometown

Mail Online | 10/27/2017 | Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com
darkkazune (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/27/20/45C0102100000578-0-image-a-50_1509133965399.jpg

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke says he had 'absolutely nothing to do' with a $300 million contract the Puerto Rican government awarded to a two-person firm that operates out of his hometown.

'I welcome all investigations into the allegations,' he said in a tweet that accompanied a formal statement.

White - House - Friday - Contract

The White House insisted Friday that it was not involved in the contract, either.

Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders distanced the administration from the controversy in her daily briefing, saying it had 'nothing to do with this contract' to rebuild the territory's electrical grid that's now under audit.

'This - Contract - Authorities - Puerto - Rico

'This is a contract that was determined by the local authorities in Puerto Rico, not something that the federal government played a role in,' she said.

The president met with Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke this morning in the Oval Office. Their talk was closed to press.

Trump - Meeting - Cabinet - Secretary - Time

Trump's meeting with the Cabinet secretary came at a time of intense scrutiny for Zinke, who has said he did not put his thumb on the scale for a small Montana electrical firm that won a massive bid to restore parts of Puerto Rico's electrical grid.

The energy source was demolished in hurricanes that blew through the Atlantic at the end of the summer.

Zinke - Knowledge - Montana - Company - Whitefish

Zinke claims that his knowledge of the Montana company, Whitefish, that had two employees at the time of the award was limited to their coexistence. Whitefish is located from the same, small town. Zinke failed to acknowledge that his son worked...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!