The X Factor: Simon Cowell is the object of Cheryl's envy as he picks his final three groups in 'hardest year yet'... before Boys' mentor Louis Walsh completes the talented line-up after 'tough' decision

Mail Online | 10/23/2017 | Jabeen Waheed For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/22/22/4595C83400000578-0-image-a-63_1508706977621.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/10/15/2216505416851407867/1024x576_MP4_2216505416851407867.mp4

The night before Nicole Scherzinger and Sharon Osbourne chose their final three acts to take through to X Factor's live shows.

And tensions continued to be at an all-time high as the Groups mentor Simon Cowell and the Boys' mentor Louis Walsh chose their final acts - forming the final twelve acts that will battle it out to be crowned champs of the ITV singing competition.

Sunday - Episode - Groups - Heading - South

Sunday's episode kicked off with the Groups heading to the South of France, where Simon was joined by guest mentor, and former judge, Cheryl, who descended from the sky in a helicopter - making quite the glamorous statement.

Addressing the nervous groups, Cheryl admitted: 'Just have the time of your life. I've been where your standing, I've been where he's standing. I'm just here to tell him what's cool now.'

Family - Cutkelvins - Parents

First up to perform were family band The Cutkelvins, who admitted that their parents always wanted them to sing.

'It wasn't until our dad passed away that we realised life is too short,' the siblings revealed before they delivered an energetic performance of Camila Cabello's Havana.

Tune - Rap - Judges - Completion - Simon

The tune, which was completed with a rap, had both the judges grooving and on completion Simon gushed: 'My God, that was really good!

'The right direction, a million perfect!' Simon enthused before Cheryl admitted: 'I want to dance with you!'

Girlband - Lemonade - Simon - Fatboy - Slim

Next up it was the first of the girlband - Lemonade, who wowed Simon with Fatboy Slim's Praise You.

Simon was clearly impressed as he told them: 'You have no idea how much respect we have for you after doing that.

Statement

'I thought it was going to be boring but that was a statement!'

Lemonade's biggest rival - the newly formed girlband, who were put together at the boot camp stage, were next to take the stage.

Girls

The girls, who had yet to decide...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!