BREAKING NEWS: Bowling alley in lockdown as 'armed man takes hostages with a sawn-off shotgun'

Mail Online | 10/22/2017 | Alex Matthews;Katie French For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/22/16/4593201F00000578-0-image-a-73_1508685424093.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/10/22/417733661495046974/1024x576_MP4_417733661495046974.mp4

A bowling alley is in lockdown after it was stormed by a man with a sawn-off shotgun who has taken hostages.

A witness claimed the suspect had 'two hostages and a shotgun' during the stand-off at MFA Bowl at Bermuda Park in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, this afternoon.

Police - Officers - Scene - Roads - Leisure

Around 30 armed police officers have been spotted at the scene, with all roads around the leisure park closed off.

An air ambulance has landed near the alley, with a police helicopter flying overhead.

Warwickshire - Police - 'Officers - Incident - Bermuda

Warwickshire police tweeted: 'Officers are currently dealing with an ongoing incident at Bermuda Park, #Nuneaton. Please avoid the area.'

Chris Carpenter wrote on Facebook: '[he has] two hostages and a shotgun, just saw him walk a hostage to the door with the shotgun to his head'.

Report - Police - Suspect - Bowling - Alley

A report, not verified by police, has claimed that the suspect was told off for smoking inside the bowling alley. He then returned enraged and wielding the shotgun.

Customers at a nearby Odeon cinema are being kept inside the theatre, as well as families at a nearby soft-play centre, while police assess the scene.

Schoolboy - Riley - Calvert - Family - Day

Schoolboy Riley Calvert, aged 13, was enjoying a family day out at the bowling alley when an attendant rushed over and told him they needed to leave.

He told MailOnline: 'I was on my second game and the man came over and said we had to go.

Time - Doors - People - Mum - Handbag

'I thought our playing time was up until I looked at the doors and saw people running away, so I just got my mum's handbag and we all ran to the door.'

The teen said he was grateful for the alley attendant getting him and his family away to safety.

'I - Man - Medal - God - Everyone

He added: 'I just want that man to get a medal. I hope to God every one is safe. I'm praying everyone is okay.'

Witness Sarah Fleming said a police officer...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep