Students Love Trump’s Tax Plan—When They’re Told It’s Sanders’ Plan

Washington Free Beacon | 10/20/2017 | Katelyn Caralle
jollyjetta (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/GettyImages-667257900.jpg

BY: Katelyn Caralle

Students at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. expressed support for President Donald Trump's tax reform plan—but only when they were told it was Sen. Bernie Sanders' (I., Vt.) tax plan instead.

Campus - Reform - News - Site - Education

Campus Reform, a conservative news site that focuses on higher education, interviewed multiple students who initially said they disagreed with Trump's tax plan. The same students, however, proceeded to agree with details of the president's proposal when they were masked as bullet points from Sanders' plan.

Campus Reform media director Cabot Phillips interviewed students on camera, asking for their initial thoughts on Trump's comprehensive tax reform plan.

Class - Anyone - Student

"It's better for the upper class than anyone else," one student said.

"It's probably not the most efficient nor beneficial to the general populace," another student added.

Phillips - Students - Parts - Trump - Tax

Phillips then asked those same students about three separate parts of Trump's tax reform plan, portraying them as pieces of Sanders' "more compassionate alternative."

Phillips first asked about Trump's proposal to increase the child tax credit, which would give tax money back to families when they have children.

Worker - Tax - Credits - Student - Slew

"I was a social worker, so I understand how important tax credits like that are," one student said, while a slew of others described the idea as "positive."

Phillips then mentioned Trump's proposal to eliminate the death tax, which would get rid of the estate tax.

Idea - New - Jersey - Inheritance - Tax

"I do think that's a good idea because I'm from New Jersey and we used to have a really heavy inheritance tax," one girl said.

Phillips then discussed a third part of Trump's tax plan that would lower small business tax rates to a maximum of 25 percent.

Family - Business - Thing

"My family has a small business, so I would definitely think that's a positive thing,"...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!