Rep. Wilson Tells Kelly to 'Stop Telling Lies,' Says 'Empty Barrel' Is 'Racist Term'

CNS News | 10/20/2017 | Staff
Refel_4309 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/capture-wilson_0.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) said White House Chief of Staff John Kelly "needs to stop telling lies on me," and she accused him of describing her with "a racist term" when he likened her to an "empty barrel."

In an interview with CNN's "New Day" on Friday, Wilson also said her emphasis right now is on the family of Sgt. La David Johnson, killed in Niger, and his "last moments." "I want to know why he was separated from the rest of the soldiers," Wilson said.

Hours - Was - Comrade - Shoulder - Helicopter

"Why did it take 48 hours for them to find him? Was he still alive? Was he kidnapped? What's going on? I thought you were supposed to put your comrade across your shoulder and get on the helicopter with the dead and the wounded. Why did they leave him? I am distraught, and so is the family."

Wilson said she did hear Kelly's defense of President Trump's condolence call to Sgt. Johnson's widow. She also heard Kelly say that Wilson, in the 2015 dedication of an FBI building in Miami, had bragged about getting the money for the building.

Kelly - Congresswoman - Tradition - Barrels - Noise

According to Kelly: "A congresswoman stood up, and in a long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise, stood up there in all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building, and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call, he gave the money, the $20 million, to build the building, and she sat down," Kelly said on Thursday. "And we were stunned, stunned that she'd done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned," Kelly said.

Wilson responded on Friday:

Remarks

"I heard his remarks and I heard him...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!