Democrat Wilson Slams John Kelly's "Empty Barrel" Comment: "This Has Become Totally Personal"

www.zerohedge.com | 10/20/2017 | Staff
chicana948 (Posted by) Level 3

Yesterday, White House Chief of Staff John Kelly gave an emotional plea from the briefing room podium, saying he was "stunned" and "brokenhearted" at Democratic Representative Frederica Wilson’s criticism of what was supposed to be a private call between Trump and a killed military servicemember’s family.

I was stunned when I came to work yesterday morning and brokenhearted at what I saw a member of Congress doing. A member of Congress who listened in on a phone call from the President of the United States to a young wife. And, in his way, he tried to express that opinion that he was a brave man, a fallen hero. He knew what he was getting himself into because he enlisted. And he was where he wanted to be, exactly where he wanted to be with exactly the people he wanted to be with when his life was taken. That was the message. That was the message that was transmitted. It stuns me that a member of Congress would have listened in on that conversation. Absolutely stuns me.

US - Marine - Corp - General - Criticism

The retired US Marine Corp General then launched into a fierce criticism of Rep. Wilson, labeling her “an empty barrel” for allegedly taking credit for raising funding for a new FBI field office during a 2015 ceremony dedicating the new building – located in Miramar, Florida – to two FBI agents who were killed during a gunfight with drug traffickers.

There were family members there," Kelly, who attended the ceremony in his capacity as Marine Corps general and head of US Southern Command, said Thursday. "Some of the children that were there were only 3 or 4 years old when their dads were killed on that street in Miami-Dade. Three of the men that survived the fight were there and gave a rendition of how brave those...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.zerohedge.com
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!