DASSAULT SYSTÈMES LAUNCHES SOLIDWORKS 2018 FOR 3D DESIGN AND ENGINEERING

3dprintingindustry.com | 10/16/2017 | Rushabh Haria
Click For Photo: https://3dprintingindustry.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/SOLIDWORKS-2018-Launch.jpg

3D Printing Industry recently attended the launch of SOLIDWORKS 2018.

The new release of the 3D design and engineering software aims to integrate design into the manufacturing process. With a simplified product development workflow, Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA) believes users with be able to innovate faster with improved business outcomes.

Insight - Version - SOLIDWORKS - Reporter - Years

For a better insight into the 2018 version of SOLIDWORKS we sent a reporter with 6+ years experience of working with previous versions of the software to give their opinion.

Simulation features in SOLIDWORKS 2018. Image via Dassault Systèmes.

SOLIDWORKS - CAD - Program - Years - SOLIDWORKS

“SOLIDWORKS is my go-to CAD program. However for over the past six or so years of using SOLIDWORKS I have never truly seen a vital necessity to update my program” says mechanical engineer Evan Johannigman. “Coming out from the presentation, it was made absolutely clear to me how this year would have to be why I changed my mindset. SOLIDWORKS 2018 has listened to their user’s thoughts and ideas and has implemented solutions to help save Engineers hours of work while giving full control to the user so that they may continue to have free reign on designing solutions.”

Dassault Systemes the 3DEXPERIENCE company. Photo by Michael Petch.

Edson - Gebo - Owner - Digital - Detail

Edson Gebo, Owner, Digital Detail & Design, said, “Lots of designs involve welding plate and sheet metal parts and most people use ‘tab and slot’ techniques for self-fixturing the parts for welding. The new tab and slot feature saves a lot of time versus having to create these features manually. This will really help get designs to the shop faster.”

We understand that Dassault Systèmes will roll out additional new end-to-end process solutions gradually.

Johannigman - Feature - Topology - Optimization - Engineer

Johannigman says that the main feature that truly impressed him was Topology Optimization. “An engineer’s job is not only to provide innovative solutions to problems, but to also make sure they are profitable. This means...
(Excerpt) Read more at: 3dprintingindustry.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The beatings will continue until moral improves.