THE RED COUCH: SHELOVES BOOK CLUB

SheLoves Magazine | 10/16/2017 | sheloves
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://shelovesmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/kelly-christian-lonely-at-church3.png

I sat in my seat at church and began to write a prayer that said, “I thought I was okay. But I’m not. I really need your people, Lord.”

For the last nine months we have been attending a new church and until recently I have joked that this is the first time in my whole life that I am watching my husband make friends left and right and I know no one. Think invisible cloak. At first it was funny to me and I enjoyed it, sending him off after the service was dismissed with a joking, “Okay you go talk to your friends and I’ll just, you know, stand around and stuff. But I’m good! Go!”

Guys - Lot - Times - Guys - Time

And I was good. I was happy for him to have guys because a lot of times guys are not awesome at being welcoming and friendly. I figured my time was coming. Around the next bend. Nope. The next one. Nope. Hm. While I waited, I wandered around. I stood. I watched. I made eye contact. I mouthed, “Hi.” I smiled. I looked approachable most weeks (I think). I walked around. I sat in a seat alone instead of booking it out the door. But none of it led to anything much.

I think the fact that I’ve visited dozens of churches and gone to five churches at each of the places we’ve lived, I know what’s coming, I know it takes a while to get involved, and I also know that no one is perfect. Everybody in the room is in a different state. A lot of people are just in church mode: enjoying the service, saying hi to their friends, and taking off for lunch. Some people really don’t want to be there. Some people are there and hurting immensely. All of this...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SheLoves Magazine
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...
Tagged: