Jane Fonda Thrilled Harvey Weinstein Branded But “We Have A President Who Does These Things”

Deadline | 10/12/2017 | Lisa de Moraes
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/jane-fonda-christiane-amanpour.jpg?w=605

“I’m glad it’s coming out. I’m so proud of those fellow actors that are speaking up and I know that it’s taken a long time,” Jane Fonda told CNN’s Christianne Amanpour today regarding The New York Times and The New Yorker reports that resulted in Harvey Weinstein being drummed out of his company.

“It’s a very, very, very, hard thing to do. You don’t get anything out of it, as the person who has been victimized. But it’s important that it come out,” Fonda said of the many women who came forward for these articles, with allegations the Hollywood mega-producer sexually harassed and/or assaulted them over decades.

Weinstein - Abuse - Unique - Horrific - Case

She cautioned against characterizing Weinstein’s years-long abuse as being “some unique, horrific” case, saying “this goes on all the time.”

“It’s this male entitlement – in Hollywood and everywhere, in offices and businesses all over the world. In bars, in restaurants, in stores, women are assaulted, abused, harassed and seen for just being sexual objects, there for a man’s desire instead of as whole human beings.”

Fonda - Amanpour

Fonda, who sat down with Amanpour while promoting her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You've go to put up with Free Speech to have Free Speech!