The Temptation of Youth Ministry

ChurchLeaders.com | 10/12/2017 | Staff
ziggy1023 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/10.13.CC.YOUTH_.TemptationYouth.jpg

I walked through an apple orchard in Kentucky last weekend. Experiencing a true fall moment where the leaves were vibrant colors of red and orange is rare for me, I was soaking it in. It was a gorgeous day and I was excited to pick a few apples to take south to my lovelies.

But wouldn’t you know it. I couldn’t find any apples to pick. Two brave college students drove me to the orchard from the campus where I was staying. They walked with me, row after row. Looking into trees but seeing nothing. Where are they? Did we miss it? Everyone else had the same idea we did…maybe weeks before we arrived?

Plenty - Apples - Ground - Pie - Grody

We saw plenty of rotten apples on the ground. But who wants to make pie with those? Grody.

I started to feel disappointed, but the occasional spider web walk-thru would encourage me to want to return to the barn to buy apples straight from the bins. An easy out. At least I tried. Right?

Row - Trees - Chance - Lane - Gnats

We gave a row of trees one last chance. I’ll walk down the lane. I’ll swipe away the gnats I’ll get apple guts on my Toms. It might just be worth it.

Then we saw it. An apple.

Queen - Juices - Movie - God

It looked like it had been dipped in the wicked queen’s special hypnotic juices for snow white—straight out of a movie looking. It was that desirable. I wanted to pick it. And eat it. Before buying it. It was there for us to eat, God gave it to us right?

And I wondered. If I were given everything in the whole world but couldn’t have this one thing, could I resist it?

Eve - Conundrum

Eve’s conundrum.

Adam’s demise.

Humanity - Curse

Humanity’s curse.

Wanting something that may be good for us but maybe wasn’t intended for us? Maybe it’s for another time. Maybe it’s worth waiting for?

I thought about my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders.com
58 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It just doesn't get bettere than this...