Lead Like Jesus

ChurchLeaders.com | 10/12/2017 | Staff
applecan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/10.13leadlikejesus.jpg

You can’t really talk about leadership unless you talk about Jesus. Even if you aren’t a follower of Jesus, it’s undeniable that Jesus is the greatest leader who ever lived.

Are you skeptical about that statement? I don’t blame you. But if the definition of a “leader” is someone who has followers, then Jesus comes in first place. For more than 2,000 years, no single person has had more followers than Jesus.

Leader - Cursory - Look - Leadership - Wisdom

Unfortunately, the greatest leader who ever lived is often given only a cursory look when it comes to leadership wisdom.

So let’s change that, starting now: I want to share with you a few ideas about Jesus-style leadership. To get at that, I want to draw from the Greatest Commandment. Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was and he said, “Love God, love yourself and love others.” (That is my paraphrase of “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind. And love your neighbor as yourself”).

Words - Greatest - Commandment - Leader

In other words, we’re about to look at the Greatest Commandment of the greatest Leader who ever lived.

In the Greatest Commandment, Jesus tells us that we all live in three directions: Upward, Inward and Outward. That’s why I wrote the book, Upward, Inward, Outward: Love God, Love Yourself, Love Others. We live upward by loving God. We live inward by loving ourselves. We live outward by loving others.

Directions - Directions - Others - Inward - Outward

But we don’t only live in three directions; we also lead in three directions. We lead others and ourselves upward, inward and outward.

Here’s the key: You need to lead in ALL three directions, and in that specific order, all at the same time.

Moment

Let that sink in for a moment.

We can all recall leaders who...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders.com
20 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: