Good Riddance to the Obamacare Birth Control Mandate

Crisis Magazine | 10/13/2017 | John M. Grondelski
red815 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.crisismagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/HHS-mandate-1250x650.jpg

President Trump’s welcome October 6 decision to roll back the Obama Administration’s trampling of conscience rights, which required employers to pay for abortifacients, in no time led to howls in the media and among Democrats about the “threat” to “contraceptives” and “birth control.” By the next day, my email contained an appeal from the Democratic National Committee’s “Rapid Response Team,” warning that “this week looks more like 1917 than 2017 for women across the country” and that “instead of writing off more than half of our country, maybe Republicans could actually do something to help women” … presumably by helping them to kill unborn children at five or more months of pregnancy. Because this crescendo of cacophony is certain only to increase, Catholics need to have some “Talking Points” about how to answer—frankly—lies. So, here are three:

Obama’s rules required people to pay for abortifacients.

Obamacare - Requirement - Employers - Birth - Control

Obamacare’s requirement for employers to pay for “birth control” lumped real contraceptives and abortifacients together. A number of “contraceptives” actually do not just prevent conception but, in fact, also cause the conceived embryo to die. How? Conception occurs in the Fallopian tubes. The fertilized ovum then travels to the uterus where he/she implants into the uterine wall, which has thickened in anticipation of a possible pregnancy. The “Pill” manipulates hormonal levels so, in fact, the uterine wall is unprepared for implantation and so the fertilized ovum dies. The IUD likewise prevents implantation.

Abortionists and Planned Parenthood (but I repeat myself) will tut-tut about these facts, insisting they are not “scientifically” supported. Again, the truth is that it is they who are trafficking in fake science. The reason abortifacients are called “contraceptives” is because the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (a very pro-abortion group) unilaterally decided that “pregnancy” begins at implantation, i.e., up to 21 days after conception....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Crisis Magazine
23 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!