Rose McGowan alleges Amazon ignored her rape claim against Harvey Weinstein

the Guardian | 10/13/2017 | Sam Levin

Rose McGowan, one of the most prominent accusers in the Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse scandal, has alleged that Amazon Studios ignored her allegations of rape, dropped her show after she complained, and “won a dirty Oscar” while “funding rapists”.

The actor – one of many women in Hollywood who has accused the disgraced movie producer of harassment, sexual assault and rape – tweeted on Thursday that “over and over” she told Amazon that Weinstein raped her and that a studio head “said it hadn’t been proven”.

Proof - Studio - Head - Thing - Deal

“I said I was the proof,” she wrote, adding, “I forcefully begged studio head to do the right thing. I was ignored. Deal was done. Amazon won a dirty Oscar.” McGowan said she had sold a script to the studio, which was in development, when she learned a “Weinstein bailout was in the works”.

“I called my attorney & said I want to get my script back, but before I could, #2 @amazonstudios called to say my show was dead,” she continued in her tweets directed at Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos.

Bezos - Twitter - Amazon - Spokespeople - Requests

Bezos has not responded on Twitter and multiple Amazon spokespeople did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

It’s not clear what script McGowan is referring to, but in September 2016 she told an audience at a film festival in Brooklyn: “I just sold my show to Amazon, that I wrote and [will direct].”

McGowan - Subject - Matter - Desire - Show

McGowan did not reveal the subject matter, but she has previously talked about her desire to make a show about her early experience in the Children of God cult, from which her family fled in 1980.

Amazon won two Oscars this year...
(Excerpt) Read more at: the Guardian
29 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!