Twitter: Why we silenced Rose McGowan after she slammed serial sex pest Harvey Weinstein

www.theregister.co.uk | 10/12/2017 | Staff
boti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://regmedia.co.uk/2017/10/12/rose-mcgowan.jpg?x=1200&y=794

TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE. #ROSEARMY

A post shared by Rose McGowan (@rosemcgowan) on

Analysis Twitter was today accused of censorship after it froze the account of actress Rose McGowan – who had just publicly slammed rampant sex fiend Harvey Weinstein.

McGowan was surprised to find herself locked out of her @rosemcgowan profile on Wednesday night, and posted on Instagram a screengrab of a telling-off she received from the milliblogging website. "Twitter has suspended me. There are powerful forces at work. Be my voice," she noted.

Message - Twitter - McGowan - Account - Network

The message from Twitter did not explain why McGowan's account was frozen, although informed her she had broken the network's rules, and that she needed to delete the offending tweets to restore her account.

McGowan rose to prominence this week after publicly, and rightly, blasting Hollywood grandee Harvey Weinstein, who has been accused of sexually assaulting and buying the silence of more than a dozen women over a period of decades. The film producer was fired on Sunday from the Weinstein Company, which he cofounded, as a result of the allegations.

Dozen - Women - Actresses - Harvey - Weinstein

More than two dozen women – most of them actresses and some of them household names – have accused Harvey Weinstein of inappropriate sexual contact ranging from creepy touching to rape. They include:

In a statement last week, Weinstein, who is now facing police probes, said: "I realized some time ago that I needed to be a better person and my interactions with the people I work with have changed. I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it."

McGowan - Settlement - Mogul - Episode - Hotel

McGowan herself reached a $100,000 settlement with the mogul in 1997 following “an episode in a hotel room during the Sundance Film Festival,” and signed a non-disclosure agreement. And by episode in a hotel room, she means: alleged rape. Since two articles came out this week – one in the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.theregister.co.uk
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!