Rose McGowan Claims Harvey Weinstein 'Raped Me' — and She Told Amazon Studios

PEOPLE.com | 10/12/2017 | Maria Pasquini
Click For Photo: http://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/rose-mcgowan.jpg?crop=0px,0px,796px,417.9px&resize=1200,630

On Thursday, Rose McGowan’s access to her Twitter account was restored and she celebrated by firing off a series of angry tweets at people she thinks covered for Harvey Weinstein and accusing the movie mogul of rape.

Addressing all of her tweets to Jeff Bezos — the founder and CEO of Amazon — McGowan wrote, “I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said. He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was proof.”

Response - Allegations - Weinstein - Spokesperson - Movie

In response to the lengthy allegations made against Weinstein, a spokesperson for the movie mogul said, “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”

In a New York Times article published last week, it was revealed McGowan was part of a settlement with Weinstein in 1997 following an encounter in a hotel room with the executive producer during the Sundance Film Festival.

Payout - Admission - Weinstein - Litigation - Peace

The $100,000 payout was “not to be construed as an admission” by Weinstein, but intended to “avoid litigation and buy peace,” according to a legal document reportedly reviewed by the NYT.

“I had already sold a script I wrote to your studio, it was in development,” McGowan’s tweets on Thursday continued. “When I heard a Weinstein bailout was in the works I forcefully begged studio head to do the right thing. I was ignored. Deal was done. Amazon won a dirty Oscar. I called my attorney & sad I wanted to get my script back, but before I could, #2 @amazonstudios called me to say my show was dead.”

Jeffbezos - Funding - Rapists - Pedos - Harassers

“@jeffbezos I am calling on you to stop funding rapists, alleged pedos and sexual harassers. I love @amazon but there is rot in Hollywood,” the actress added. “@jeffbezos Be the change you want to see in the world. Stand with truth. #ROSEARMY #Amazon.”

Although it’s not clear exactly who McGowan was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
44 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!