Rose McGowan's Twitter account was temporarily locked after she accused Ben Affleck of lying about Harvey Weinstein

Business Insider | 10/12/2017 | Alexandra Ma, Business Insider UK
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/59df3f8bb0c29204173513ad-1190-625/rose-mcgowans-twitter-account-was-temporarily-locked-after-she-accused-ben-affleck-of-lying-about-harvey-weinstein.jpg

TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE. #ROSEARMY

A post shared by Rose McGowan (@rosemcgowan) on

TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED ME. THERE ARE POWERFUL FORCES AT WORK. BE MY VOICE. #ROSEARMY

A post shared by Rose McGowan (@rosemcgowan) on

Update: Rose McGowan's account was reinstated as of Thursday morning.

Rose McGowan had her Twitter account locked after accusing Ben Affleck of lying about his knowledge of Harvey Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment.

Thursday - Instagram - Post - Actress - Director

In a Thursday Instagram post, the actress and director posted a screenshot of Twitter informing her that she was banned from tweeting, retweeting, or liking posts on the platform for 12 hours unless she removed some of her tweets.

"Twitter has suspended me. There are powerful forces at work," she wrote to her followers. "Be my voice."

Twitter - Spokesman - Business - Insider - Company

A Twitter spokesman told Business Insider that the company doesn't "comment on individual accounts for privacy and security reasons."

Twitter can suspend accounts if it finds "abusive tweets or behavior," according to its website. The platform told McGowan she could regain access to her account once she deleted tweets that violated its rules, which prohibit "hateful conduct." It is unclear which tweets the platform was referring to.

Tuesday - Affleck - Facebook - Man - Position

On Tuesday, Affleck wrote on Facebook that he was "saddened and angry that a man who [he] worked with used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!