Mike Flynn has far too much fun…

Catholic and Enjoying It! | 10/12/2017 | Staff
Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wp-content/themes/Patheos%20TwentySeventeen/assets/images/default-thumbs/default-img-woman-coffee.jpg

At Medium, “The Herstory of Hypatia” — Herstory, get it? — written by one Joshua Hehe, who bills himself as:

Clearly this impressive list of accomplishments qualifies him to write about Late Antiquity. Or something. My old buddy Mohsen is a cosmologist, and I am familiar with the range of mathematics and physics he had to master. (TOF himself took only Astrophysics and Galactic Structure and the usual range of Differential Manifolds, Tensor Calculus, etc. Although that was many eons ago and, use it or lose it, TOF would hesitate to bill himself as a Tensorist, or even a Manifoldist, since he specialized in General Topology instead.) Glocalist stumped him for a time, but he figures it is a combination of Globalist and Localist, which is sort of like what Hegel and Marx called an internal contradiction. Not only is Mr Hehe a Syncretist, but also a Pantheist. Plus, he is a Theorist and they don’t come any more impressive than that.

TOF - Faithful - Follower - Hypatia - Appearances

TOF’s Faithful Follower recalls that Hypatia has made appearances heretofore, but knew there would be a hereafter, as well. It’s the gift that keeps on giving, being one of the foundational myths of the Modern Age. The story has been told so often it is easy to forget that these accounts are many times longer than the only surviving near-contemporary source, meaning that new facts have been created to flesh out these longer narratives.

Naturally, as is often the case with writers from that quarter, Mr Hehe cites no sources, and one suspects he leans heavily on Draper/White, on Sagan, and/or Gibbons. At least an account TOF once saw on something called rationalwiki cited sources, even if they were mostly irrelevant.

TOF - Mr - Hehe - Account - Notes

TOF will pause here and allow you to read Mr Hehe’s account and make your own notes. Remember the TOFian battle...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Catholic and Enjoying It!
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!