Florida man, 26, googled 'how to rob a bank' before admitting to police he stole more than $2,000 from credit union to pay off bills and go on a 'drug binge'

Mail Online | 10/12/2017 | Daniel Roth For Dailymail.com
princia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/12/06/45402D2D00000578-0-image-a-23_1507785457660.jpg

Police in Florida said Wednesday that a convicted criminal googled the phrase 'how to rob a bank' just hours before executing a heist in Largo.

William Johnson, 26, was charged with robbery after stealing a little more than $2,000 from the Achieva Credit Union, according to a court affidavit.

Johnson - Authorities - Institution - Teller - Teresa

Johnson, according to local authorities, went into the financial institution and handed teller Teresa Forrest a note stating: 'give me money, no bait, I have gun.'

Forrest told police that Johnson entered the Achieva Credit Union at approximately 10.30am, describing him with 'short brown hair' and 'wearing a blue plaid long sleeve shirt.'

Man - Description - Supermarket - Tickets - Beverage

A man matching that description was later spotted at nearby supermarket where he purchased several lottery tickets and a beverage, according to The Smoking Gun.

Authorities received several tips of suspect's whereabouts after seeing surveillance footage uploaded to Facebook identifying Johnson.

Police - Express - Inn - Pinellas - Park

Police later tracked him down to an Express Inn in Pinellas Park, were they...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
31 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!