'Mr. Robot' Returns Warning of 'Dark Future' of Trump, Capitalism

NewsBusters | 10/12/2017 | Staff
amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/usa-network-mr-robot-season-3.jpg

USA’s anti-capitalist product of the very corporate Universal Studios Mr. Robot has in the past been almost embarrassingly unashamed of its Marxist, anarchistic, and borderline anti-American style. However, it previously had the miniscule advantage of taking place before the liberal apocalypse of November 2016. Not anymore. The third season premiere lets loose its latest anger against both capitalism and the Trump administration.

The October 11 episode “eps3.0_power-saver-mode.h” follows Elliot (Rami Malek) waking up after surviving a shooting to a city suffering from blackouts caused by the chaos of the second season finale. As he tries to make sense of what has happened, he soon comes to a conclusion about the result of his revolution, which includes - you guessed it - the usual insulting of capitalism.

Wrinkle - Slams - Future - Donald - Trump

The only added wrinkle includes new and obvious slams against the “dark future” brought by Donald Trump in this visual montage.

Elliot: Darlene's right. I can't trust them. This was too easy. But at least I stopped them for now. I can go home knowing that. But was she right about me? Am I sticking my head in the sand? Did my revolution just bury our minds, instead of freeing them? Encrypting Evil Corp's data was meant to empower us. Instead, it left us powerless, scaring us into even more submission. I am not going to get rid of the invisible hand. Turned it into a fist that punched us in the dick. And like a botnet, the fear I created is spreading so fast, it's practically airborne. It's swallowed us whole, digested us, and now we're stuck in its ****, waiting to be dumped out. And while we're here, they're having their way with us. They packaged a fight into product. Turned our dissent into intellectual property. Televising our revolution with commercial breaks. They backdoored into...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
8 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!