Moment moped gang robbed 103 phones in 18-day reign of terror targeted ex-Chancellor George Osborne – as they’re jailed for over 13 years after police recognised their eyes and chewed fingernails

Mail Online | 10/12/2017 | Richard Spillett, Crime Correspondent For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/11/16/453C2E6700000578-0-image-a-12_1507736926152.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/10/11/3153754962357734670/1024x576_MP4_3153754962357734670.mp4

This is the moment a moped gang robbed 103 phones in an 18-day reign of terror and targeted ex-Chancellor George Osborne.

Footage obtained by MailOnline shows ringleader Claude Parkinson, 18, and two other teenagers aged 15 and 16, speeding up to passersby before stealing their mobiles.

Met - Police - End - Crime - Spree

But the Met Police was able to put an end to their crime spree after quick-thinking officers recognised their eyes through their visors and chewed fingernails. The trio have been jailed for 13 years today.

Following their arrest, Westminster Police noted a 40 per cent drop in this type of offending.

Photographer - Pictures - Raids - BBC - Headquarters

A photographer managed to get detailed pictures of them during one of their raids outside the BBC headquarters. These helped the police establish who was behind the crime wave.

Armed with a hammer and tyre-iron, the trio singled out pedestrians texting or making calls before mounting the pavement and snatching the handsets.

Photos - Streets - Hammer - Head - Towards

Dramatic photos showing them roaring through streets with one raising a hammer above his head as they sped towards at passers-by.

Politician turned Evening Standard editor Mr Osborne recalled in a victim impact statement how the raiders made a grab at his mobile as he left BBC headquarters in Portland Place, on 4 May.

'I

He said: 'I was physically unharmed but felt shocked and stunned.

'The incident happened so quickly that I barely registered what had happened until afterwards. The scooter was so close that it almost brushed past me.

Doubt

'Had it hit me, I have no doubt I would have been seriously injured.'

The trio, all from Islington, admitted conspiracy to rob after stealing 103 phones across Westminster, Islington, Camden and Kensington and Chelsea, between 18 April and 5 May.

Samsul - Chowdhury - List - Handsets - Gang

Samsul Chowdhury, 40, who provided a 'shopping list' of handsets to the gang, admitted dishonestly receiving stolen goods.

Prosecutor Paul Fairley said: 'Recently, the UK - and London...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
29 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!