It's a seller's market in Silicon Valley! Owner of 'distressed' Mountain View cottage gets $1.1 million - but will continue living in the home for SEVEN YEARS at the buyer's expense

Mail Online | 10/12/2017 | Jessa Schroeder For Dailymail.com
amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/12/01/453E22A400000578-0-image-a-28_1507769646993.jpg

A tiny, average-looking Mountain View, California cottage sold for less than its original asking price of $1.6 million - but with a major catch.

The Silicon Valley property went for $1.1 million after being listed just weeks ago on Multiple Listing Service - which provided no interior images of the home and included a bizarre request from the seller.

NBC - Property - Realtor - Resident - Living

According to NBC, who spoke with the property realtor, the elderly resident will continue living in the home for seven more years 'rent back at no charge,' the report said.

Realtor Joban Brown said that while the price is not unusual for the hot spot location, the seller's request is certainly 'not a typical situation.'

Erika - Enos - Realtor - NBC - Deal

Erika Enos, another realtor, told NBC the deal was unlike anything she's ever heard of before.

'In almost 40 years as a realtor, I have never seen terms of sale that included seven years free rent back, not even seven months free rent back,' Enos said.

Listing - Cottage

In the listing for 976 square-foot cottage,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
29 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!