'I'm afraid and I don't think that's my fault': Evan Rachel Wood explains why she cannot name 'powerful, entitled, rich, narcissistic white men' who raped her - including an ex-boyfriend

Mail Online | 10/12/2017 | Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com
gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/12/01/453CA1B400000578-0-image-a-9_1507767039318.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/10/11/6283981938971330399/1024x576_MP4_6283981938971330399.mp4

Evan Rachel Wood is explaining why she has yet to publicly reveal the identities of the men who raped her in an emotional new video.

The 'Westworld' actress, 30, posted a 15 minute clip to Twitter on Wednesday, in which she talked through the gear and concerns she has about naming her rapists.

Wood - Individuals - 'very - Men - Details

Wood described the individuals as 'very powerful, very rich, very entitled, very narcissistic white men,' but offered not other details beyond stating that she has walked out of award shows when one of the men has been honored with a trophy.

The actress revealed last year that she had been sexually assaulted on at least two occasions, once by an ex-boyfriend and once by a man she identified as a bar owner.

Video - Wednesday - Years - Men

In her video on Wednesday, she said it took her seven years to even admit to herself that she had been sexually assaulted by these men.

'I haven't named my abusers for a number of reasons. One, I'm one person against some very powerful people,' said Wood.

Money - Time - Person - Toll

'Two: money and time and retraumatizing yourself, go after the person who assaulted you takes quite a toll.'

She went on to state: 'It's a terrifying thing to go through, mainly because you are at the risk of not being believed, your career being hurt, you being drained of your finances because it costs a lot of money to file a lawsuit and go to court with someone, especially if all you have is your word against theirs.'

Wood - People

Wood then added: 'And especially if these are very powerful people.'

The actress circled back to that idea multiple times throughout the lengthy video, which seemed to be filmed at a studio while the actress was not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
35 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!