SpaceX blasts off (and lands) recycled rocket in its second launch in three days

Mail Online | 10/11/2017 | Mark Prigg For Dailymail.com
JimmyJoe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/12/00/453DF1A600000578-0-image-a-26_1507763185740.jpg

SpaceX made it two perfect launches in three days as it blasted off its Falcon 9 this evening.

On Monday SpaceX launched 10 satellites to bolster the global data communications network for Virginia-based company, Iridium.

Today - Launch - EchoStar - Launch - Complex

Today's launch, the EchoStar 105/SES-11 blasted off from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA's Kennedy Space Center, Florida.

Its satellite was due to be deployed approximately 36 minutes after liftoff.

Time - SpaceX - Boosters - Flight

It’s the third time SpaceX has used one of its landed boosters for a second flight.

Falcon 9's first stage for the EchoStar 105/SES-11 mission previously supported SpaceX's 10th resupply mission to the International Space Station (CRS-10) in February of this year.

Stage - Separation - Falcon - Stage - Course

Following stage separation, Falcon 9's first stage landed on the 'Of Course I Still Love You' droneship, stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

The mission launched a hybrid satellite that will be used by two companies, SES and EchoStar. Called EchoStar 105/SES-11, the satellite will sit in a high orbit 22,000 miles above Earth, providing high-definition broadcasts to the US and other parts of North America

Monday - SpaceX - Rocket - GMT - Sunrise

On Monday, a SpaceX rocket blasted off at 5:37 am (1237 GMT), before sunrise, from Vandenberg Air Force base in California.

About seven minutes after launch, the tall portion of the Falcon 9, known as the first stage, returned to Earth for an upright landing.

Part - Vehicle - Rocket - Engines - Landing

This part of the vehicle fired its rocket engines and made a controlled landing on a floating platform in the Pacific Ocean.

'A successful landing of the first stage,' SpaceX commentator John Innsbrucker said on the company's live webcast, as...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!