Harvey Weinstein Adds Criminal Lawyers to Team

The Hollywood Reporter | 10/11/2017 | Eriq Gardner
princia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn3.thr.com/sites/default/files/2017/10/gettyimages-634778192_-_h_2017.jpg

Harvey Weinstein continues to prepare for fallout from published reports about his conduct toward women over many decades. He's now added criminal defense attorney Blair Berk to his legal team.

Although many of the accusations of harassment and sexual assault detailed in The New York Times and The New Yorker stretch back many years, there's no statute of limitations on rape in New York. So far, law enforcement authorities in New York and Los Angeles haven't indicated any open investigation into the movie mogul's behavior, but as the scandal continues to unfold with more and more women coming forward, Weinstein is apparently bracing himself for whatever might come.

Berk - Attorney - Track - Record - Stars

Berk is a West Hollywood-based attorney with a track record of representing famous stars in trouble. Her past clients include Mel Gibson, Lindsay Lohan, Kiefer Sutherland and Kanye West. Despite representing famous individuals, the Harvard-trained attorney prefers to stay under the radar. She once told CNN, "In my 20 years of practice, I have never once found it in my client's best interest to have media coverage of their criminal case."

On...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Hollywood Reporter
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: