Perfect That Second-Day-Stubble Look With a Hybrid Trimmer

WIRED | 10/11/2017 | Christopher Null
amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.wired.com/photos/59dd689e98470a2181ff818e/191:100/pass/trimmer-FA.jpg

Today's creative facial hair movement has finally trickled down into gadgetry, with the rise of a range of products designed to perfect that scruffy, stubbly face you've worked so hard to get right.

It's a product category that, surprisingly for once, we actually need. Electric razors don't do the job. Traditional clippers are too unwieldy to use on the face. The new breed of mini-trimmers—sometimes called "stylers," though no universally-adopted moniker has emerged—are lightweight, maneuverable, and serve a variety of functions. At a minimum they work as a highly adjustable clipper (usually letting you specify the height of the hair you'd like to trim down to a fraction of a millimeter) and as a combless razor, so you can clean up wayward strands and complete intricate shaving jobs, all in the same device.

Variety - Stylers - Weeks - Part - Styler

I've been using a variety of stylers for several weeks, and now I use one nearly daily as part of my grooming routine. I use a styler to shave off hair in weird places where my razor isn't effective (near my ears, a Bermuda triangle under my chin), and to even out my sideburns. With a comb attached, I can trim down the bush that develops behind my ears, where the hair inexplicably grows too quickly – and it's a godsend for doing detail work in my, how to put this delicately, my lavde ke baal.

I tested four different stylers to see which was most versatile and effective. Here's the gist.

Philips - Norelco - OneBlade - Pro - Company

The Philips Norelco OneBlade Pro (Rating: 8, $80) is described by the company as "revolutionary," and while I might not go that far, it is one of the more unique and versatile hybrids on the market. The main selling point is the dual-edge design: The head of the OneBlade has a cutting surface on both the top and the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: WIRED
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: