BREAKING NEWS: British electrician is sentenced to a month in jail in Dubai for drinking alcohol as he waits to see if he will be sent to prison for touching a man's hip in a bar

Mail Online | 10/11/2017 | Sara Malm for MailOnline
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/11/13/45252EA100000578-0-image-a-4_1507724804336.jpg

A British man arrested for touching the hip of a Jordanian businessman as he walked past him in a bar in Dubai has been sentenced to a month in prison for drinking alcohol.

Jamie Harron, 27, has been stripped of his passport and faces a three-year sentence after being charged with public indecency following the accusations.

Today - Mr - Harron - Drunkenness - Month

Today it emerged that Mr Harron has been convicted for public drunkenness, and sentenced to a month in jail and a fine in advance of his trial later this month.

A spokesman for the prosecution service in Dubai confirmed the sentencing saying: 'On the drinking charge, he has been sentenced to a month in jail, fined 2,000 dirhams (£412) and will be deported.

Appearance - Indecency - Case - October

'His next appearance on the public indecency case is on October 22.'

It is unclear whether Mr Harron, from Stirling, Scotland, is currently behind bars.

Incident - Place - Rock - Bottom - Bar

The incident took place at the popular Rock Bottom Bar in the Tecom area of Dubai, where Mr Harron and a friend was enjoying a drink.

Mr Harron says he was forced to walk past the man, and as he passed, he placed his hand on the right hand side of the top of the man's hip to ensure that when passing they didn't bump and spill drinks 'in a move familiar to most UK patrons of crowded pubs'.

Man - Sign - Agitation - Mr - Harron

While the man showed no sign of agitation as Mr Harron and his friend passed, he later became very animated before the police appeared outside.

When the man went out to meet them, he began animatedly talking with them, pointing at Mr Harron, who got up and went to see what the problem was.

Man - Friends - Police - Speaking - Arabic

The man, his friends and the police were all speaking in Arabic, the accuser occasionally shouting in English, 'He's been drinking, and he touched me improperly, I will get you deported, do you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!