Harvey Weinstein Accused of Rape By Three Women, More Revelations Surface

Slashfilm | 10/10/2017 | Hoai-Tran Bui
Click For Photo: https://i0.wp.com/media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/WeinsteinLogo.jpg

Harvey Weinstein, who for the past week has been the subject of scrutiny after a New York Times report unearthed decades of the influential Hollywood figure’s sexual harassment against women, has been accused of rape by three different women.

Two new reports feature 20 more women going public with Weinstein’s harassment or assault, including Hollywood royalty Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie. The reports come two days after Weinstein was fired from his position at the Weinstein Company, where one-third of the board of directors has resigned.

Piece - New - Yorker - Asia - Argento

A blistering piece from The New Yorker revealed that actresses Asia Argento, Lucia Evans, and one woman who remained anonymous have accused the former studio head of rape.

Argento, an Italian actress best known for her role in 2000’s xXx, said that Weinstein forcibly performed oral sex on her in 1997, while Lucia Evans said that she was forced to perform oral sex on Weinstein in 2004. Argento told The New Yorker:

Lot - People - Story—in - Case - Years

“I know he has crushed a lot of people before. That’s why this story—in my case, it’s 20 years old, some of them are older—has never come out.”

Argento and Evans both said they feared for their careers and blamed themselves after the incidents. Many of the women who spoke in the piece never reported the incidents, and continued having a professional relationship with Weinstein. The women in the piece described a recurring situation known as a “honey pot,” in which up-and-coming writers or actresses would meet with Weinstein alongside other female staff to make them feel safe, before the mogul dismisses the staff to be left alone with the victim.

Rumors - Weinstein - Harassment - Assault - Secret

The rumors of Weinstein’s harassment and assault were an “open secret” in Hollywood, The New Yorker...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Slashfilm
30 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.