It took Hillary Clinton five days to issue this statement about Harvey Weinstein

CNN | 10/10/2017 | Staff
aniki (Posted by) Level 3
(CNN)Update, at 1:30 p.m. ET: After publication, Hillary Clinton released a statement through a spokesman. "I was shocked and appalled by the revelations about Harvey Weinstein. The behavior described by women coming forward cannot be tolerated. Their courage and the support of others is critical in helping to stop this kind of behavior." The statement made no mention of returning contributions from Weinstein.

On Tuesday morning, Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine, the Democratic party's 2016 vice presidential nominee, sat down for an interview on CNN's "New Day." Asked about the allegations of sexual harassment against Harvey Weinstein, the deposed Hollywood mogul, Kaine said: "Any leader should condemn this. These allegations are low-life behavior."

Definition - Presidents - Party - Nominee - Leaders

By that definition, the last two Democratic presidents as well as the party's 2016 nominee are not leaders.

Five days after the New York Times broke the news that Weinstein, the head of Miramax and a major Democratic donor, faced a series of allegations of inappropriate behavior toward women over a several-decade span, neither Bill or Hillary Clinton nor Barack Obama has said a single word about the incidents.

Secretary - State - Hillary - Rodham - Clinton

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and producer Harvey Weinstein attend the TIME 100 Gala, TIME'S 100 Most Influential People In The World, cocktail party at Jazz at Lincoln Center on April 24, 2012 in New York City.

What's remarkable about that silence is that Weinstein isn't, really, denying the allegations. In a long statement released in response to the Times story -- in which he quoted Jay Z and said he would take a leave of absence to focus on fighting the NRA -- Weinstein acknowledged: "I appreciate the way I've behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it."

Days - Board - Directors

He's already been fired -- two days ago -- by the board of directors of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNN
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Measuring his life out one teaspoon at a time.