'There was a pit bull on his face': Blind man's Seeing Eye dog is attacked by a 'fake' service dog on board a train

Mail Online | 10/10/2017 | Snejana Farberov For Dailymail.com
princia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/10/18/4532D1A600000578-0-image-a-36_1507656217922.jpg

A vision-impaired California man says his certified Seeing Eye dog was attacked and bitten on the nose by a pit bull that was being passed off as a service dog by its owner.

The incident took place just over a week ago as Michael Kelly was traveling on board the Sacramento Light Rail with his four-legged companion, a German shepherd named Kie.

Kelly - Kie - Regional - Transit - Station

Kelly and Kie were at the Regional Transit Station at 16th and Q streets in midtown Sacramento when another passenger's pooch allegedly attacked the service dog and mauled its snout.

'There was a pit bull on his face just latched on,' Kelly told the station Fox 40. 'My dog started crying.'

Kelly - Attack - Owner - Pit - Bull

When confronted by Kelly about the attack, the owner of the pit bull allegedly claimed that the canine was also a service dog.

Police that responded to the scene reminded the owner of the pit bull that there were surveillance cameras at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
11 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!