Flight Attendant: Southwest, Union Want to Get Away With Religious Discrimination

Washington Free Beacon | 10/11/2017 | Bill McMorris
MysticHeart (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/GettyImages-83308248.jpg

BY: Bill McMorris

Charlene Carter worked loyally for Southwest Airlines for two decades but now finds herself in court fighting to win back the job she was fired from after confronting a union officer about its pro-abortion advocacy.

Carter - Company - Transport - Workers - Union

Carter is suing the company and Transport Workers Union of America Local 556, which represents airline flight attendants, to win back her job. She also filed a separate complaint to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleging religious discrimination for retaliation against her Christian beliefs.

"There's this cozy relationship between Southwest Airlines management and our union and it's blatant in my case," she told the Washington Free Beacon. "I think they were definitely against anybody pro-life. … I thought I had my union there to protect me, but they're not there to protect members from the union leadership."

Southwest - Airlines - Spokesman - Company - Personnel

A Southwest Airlines spokesman said the company does not comment on personnel matters or pending litigation. The union did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

The case began in February when Carter took to Facebook to object to the union flying two dozen officials out to Washington, D.C., for the Women's March in January, as well as photos that circulated of Southwest turning cabin lights pink to endorse the protest, which was sponsored by Planned Parenthood. She posted pro-life materials to a group for flight attendants and sent similar messages, including a video depicting an abortion, to union President Audrey Stone.

Manager - Office - Posts - Harassing - Inappropriate

Shortly afterward she was brought into a manager's office and fired for her "highly offensive" posts and "harassing and inappropriate" messages to Stone.

Carter said a core part of her Christianity is to advance the pro-life cause and warn against the dangers of abortion, but she insists her messages and posts are protected speech. The Railway Labor Act allows workers the freedom to speak out on any labor-related activities....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
24 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!