Disney Movies Anywhere Adds Other Key Hollywood Studios

Slashfilm | 10/10/2017 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://i0.wp.com/media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Disney-movies-anywhere.jpg

Disney Movies Anywhere, the app where you can buy and watch Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars films across multiple devices, has just opened its doors to content from other studios. 20th Century Fox, Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros. have come on board for the newly-branded Movies Anywhere. Read what that means for consumers below.

I’m personally still a believer in physical media, so on the rare occasions that I buy movies these days, it’s always on Blu-ray; that means I’ve been out of the loop when it comes to any of the newer digital options, but here’s the breakdown of what this new development means for everyone.

War - Disney - Disney - Movies - Anywhere

Previously, there was a war between Disney’s Disney Movies Anywhere app/website, which was launched in 2014, and UltraViolet, the rival platform backed by many of the other studios. But while UltraViolet was largely despised by the public, it seemed as if Disney Movies Anywhere managed to get the tech right and create a usable, reliable service. I’ll let them explain how it works:

Once you connect your Disney Movies Anywhere account with one or more participating provider accounts (such as iTunes, Amazon Video, VUDU, Google Play, Microsoft Movies & TV, or Fios by Verizon) the eligible Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars titles in your libraries with participating providers will be automatically added to your Disney Movies Anywhere Collection. Similarly,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Slashfilm
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!