Pictured: Jordanian who had British man arrested for indecent behaviour when he touched his hip in a Dubai bar, as the Briton says: 'I just want to be back with my family'

Mail Online | 10/11/2017 | Paddy Dinham;Chris Pleasance for MailOnline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/10/18/45330FFD00000578-0-image-a-13_1507655241275.jpg

The Jordanian man who had a British tourist arrested in Dubai for touching him on the hip has been identified as the Managing Director of a global technology giant.

Emad Tabaza accused Jamie Harron of public indecency after the 27-year-old tried to squeeze past him in a popular night spot - meaning he could face up to three years in a UAE jail.

Today - Mr - Harron - Scotland - Plea

Today Mr Harron, from Stirling, Scotland, gave an emotional plea to come home, saying: 'I just want to be back with my family'.

Mr Tabaza heads up Neuman & Esser, a corporation which produces machinery for other companies within the oil and gas industry, as well for renewable energy and and food firms.

Brit - Lawyers - Yesterday - Power - Front

The Brit's lawyers yesterday accused him of 'trying to show off his power in front of his friends' by getting Mr Harron arrested.

And today Mr Harron released a statement through Radha Stirling, who runs Detained in Dubai and is overseeing his case.

'I - Support - Everything - Press

He said: 'I am overwhelmed with the international support. I haven't even brought myself to look at everything in the press.

'Friends keep phoning me and telling me and I am just amazed that so many people are behind me. I am just stunned.

Advice - Possibility - Likelihood - Mind - Family

'I am trying my best, on advice, not to stress about the possibility of being jailed but it is hard for me to put that very real likelihood out of my mind. I just want this to be over and to be back with my family.'

He said the experience has left him 'broken emotionally' and facing a £32,000 legal bill, while his father Graham has urged tourists to avoid the city.

BBC - Radio - Today - Programme - Monday

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme on Monday, Ms Stirling said: 'He [the accuser] was saying things like "do you know who I am?"

'His friends told him to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
30 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!