Johnny Depp says he would have 'taken a bullet' for Gerry Conlon in a touching tribute written in the forward of his late friend's new book

Mail Online | 10/11/2017 | Abigail Miller For Dailymail.com
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/11/04/4536345B00000578-0-image-a-22_1507690853164.jpg

Johnny Depp described his close relationship with Gerry Conlon and how he would have 'taken a bullet' for the man in the forward to his newly released biography.

Depp wrote the forward for his late friend who died in 2014 of lung cancer after a long and tumultuous life.

Biography - Name - Son - Details - Conlon

The biography, which is titled In The Name Of The Son, details Conlon's 15 years locked in a British prison after he was wrongly convicted as an IRA bomber in 1975, his years of torture at the hand of the police, and his battle with drug addiction following his release.

In the forward Depp said he he met Conlon in 1990, the year after he was released from prison, and says that the book is 'a story of a man I loved.'

Friendship - Pogues - Concert - Depp - Conlon

Their unlikely friendship was sealed at a Pogues concert - and Depp wrote that Conlon and his brothers looked 'just like the miscreant, unhinged maniacs I always tended to hang out with,' according to the Guardian.

The first time the friends had lunch - Conlon said Depp should play him in a film that was being produced, which ended up starring Daniel Day...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!