'I let people down': Hillary Clinton reveals guilt over losing to 'unqualified' President Trump - after admitting she felt 'totally depleted' and wanted to hide away after election defeat

Mail Online | 10/11/2017 | Unity Blott For Mailonline
amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/10/10/452FC76800000578-0-image-a-3_1507628342874.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/11/09/2614693645557646689/1024x576_MP4_2614693645557646689.mp4

Hillary Clinton has taken a swipe at the President of the United States, calling him 'unqualified' in an interview to promote her new book.

The former Democratic presidential candidate opened up about how she felt after losing out to Trump in the 2016 election - saying she felt 'completely and totally depleted' after delivering her famous concession speech on November 9.

Clinton - Stylist - Magazine - Guilt - Trump

Clinton, 69, told Stylist magazine of her guilt at losing out to Trump, saying: 'I have a great sense of responsibility, for not winning, for letting people down.

'Even more so when you consider who my opponent was. If I had run against someone whom I disagreed with politically, but believed was up to the job, of course I would have been disappointed.

Scroll - Video

Scroll down for video

'But being in a position where I ended up losing to someone who I don't think is qualified or temperamentally ready to be president was a very deep personal regret.'

Book - Moment - New - Yorker - Hotel

In her book she recalls the moment she left the New Yorker Hotel in midtown Manhattan after delivering her speech, writing: 'All I wanted to do was get inside, change into comfy clothes, and maybe not ever answer the phone ever again.'

The former Secretary of State also spoke of the 'mistakes' she made during the campaign trail, including the 'dumb' FBI email scandal - and her regret that the world did not pay more attention to the UK's June 2016 Brexit referendum result.

Brexit - Alarm - United - States - People

'I think Brexit was a bigger alarm than we understood here in the United States,' she said. 'I think the people would then listen to me.'

Clinton's book, What Happened, aims to give her perspective on the Presidential election result...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
14 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!