Stretch! NPR Somehow Connects Weinstein to Repealing Obamacare Contraceptive Mandate

NewsBusters | 10/10/2017 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/jeffyang_li_0.jpg

National Public Radio deserves some sort prize for Most Energetic Attempt to Smear Harvey Weinstein on Conservative Christians. On Saturday night's All Things Considered, NPR host Michel Martin attempted to correlate the Weinstein sexual-assault scandal and the Cam Newton female-reporter-dismissing scandal with....peeling back the contraceptive mandate for religious employers under Obamacare.

Martin connected the stories by suggesting that "activist organizations" -- on the Left -- felt what NPR calls the "contraceptive coverage rollback" was "really important."

MICHEL - MARTIN - Jeff - Wrinkle - Week

MICHEL MARTIN: Jeff, I'm going to throw one more wrinkle at you. And that is that this is the same week in which the Trump administration announced two new rules that would exempt for religious beliefs and moral convictions, all employers and insurance companies, from the mandate in the Affordable Care Act to cover contraception without co-pays or deductibles. And a number of kind of activist organizations have been sort of beating the drum about this and saying, hey, this is really important.

So I'm kind of wondering whether the Cam Newton, Harvey Weinstein stories get more attention, but are there other things that we should be paying more attention to? And I apologize, I didn't give you a lot of time to answer, but what are your thoughts about that?

CNN - Contributor - Jeff - Yang - Audience

CNN contributor Jeff Yang did not disappoint the ultraliberal audience of NPR, suggesting that this mandate is part of a "deeper structure" of sexist oppression, aided by "admitted sexual predator" Donald Trump:...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!