'It kills me!': Michelle Pfeiffer, 59, looks half her age on Variety as she talks pain of turning down 1991's Thelma & Louise... which she STILL has not seen

Mail Online | 10/10/2017 | Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/10/18/453318FC00000578-0-image-a-37_1507657302677.jpg

Michelle Pfeiffer was up for one of the female lead roles that Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis took in the 1991 box-office smash hit Thelma & Louise.

And the 59-year-old beauty told Variety it still hurts. 'It still kills me. You can’t always do everything. You’ve got to give something up,' the blonde beauty said.

Cover - Power - Women - LA - Issue

Also on the cover of the Power Of Women LA theme issue was Kelly Clarkson, Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins, Priyanka Chopra and Octavia Spencer.

Michelle said she has yet to see Thelma & Louise.

Wife - Little - Lies - Scriptwriter - David

'I still can't watch it,' said the wife of Big Little Lies scriptwriter David E Kelley. 'It was a direct conflict, so it was one film or the other.'

She also talked her hiatus from Hollywood. 'It wasn’t a conscious choice to not work for five years,' Pfeiffer said.

'It - Kids - School - Age - World

'It was just as my kids got older it got harder. They were school age and I couldn’t schlep all around the world and disrupt their routines. I set down so many restrictions about when and where I could be on location that I became kind of unhirable.'

The icon is next doing Ant-Man And The Wasp.

Sense - Humor - Tone - Script - Thing

'It had this great sense of humor about it and just this unusual tone. This new script has the same thing. It’s nicely written.'

Director Darren Aronofsky, who worked with Pfeiffer on Mother, also talked about the star. 'I remember taking this class on directing actors, and the teacher was awful, but one thing he said really stuck with me.

'He - Michelle - Pfeiffer - Talent - Beauty

'He said, "Michelle Pfeiffer, it’s rare to get such talent and beauty in one package." I was always aware of her abilities, dating all the way back to Scarface. But in many of her performances there was a lot that was untapped. I don’t think the roles back then were necessarily that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
34 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!