Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Preview: Rebecca's Dark Turn and More Season 3 Scoop

TVLine | 10/10/2017 | Dave Nemetz
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/crazy-ex-girlfriend-season-3-rebecca.jpg?w=620

Want to know how serious Rebecca is about taking down Josh Chan this season on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? Her new hair color is a pretty good hint.

Yes, Rebecca’s hair is a few shades darker this season… and so are her motives. The CW’s musical comedy kicks off Season 3 this Friday (9/8c) with its heroine plotting to destroy the former love of her life after he ditched her at the altar in last season’s finale. “I want to bring him down in any way I can,” star Rachel Bloom tells TVLine, referring to Rebecca’s quest for vengeance. “It’s a very guttural, visceral thing.”

Funniest - Season - Showrunner - Aline - Brosh

“I think it’s our funniest season, but it’s definitely our most intense, emotionally,” showrunner Aline Brosh McKenna previews. “It kind of feels like we’re finally getting to the really meaty heart of this dynamic… this is definitely the revenge part of the ‘crazy ex’ concept. The vengeful part.” And if you thought Rebecca was a little nutty in years past, fasten your seatbelts, she warns: “Her car was barely on the rails for most of [Season] 2, and now it really is starting to get off the rails.”

Of course, if Rebecca were truly over Josh, she wouldn’t be dedicating her life to ruining his. Her hate for Josh isn’t all that different than her love for Josh, McKenna notes: “When you’re obsessed with that person to the point where you hate them, you’re still in a very fiery, intimate zone with them.” And Rebecca proves that in Season 3, taking her desire for revenge to dangerous extremes that even worry her closest friends.

Season - Fact - Rebecca - Friday - Premiere

When the season opens, in fact, Rebecca is nowhere to be found. Friday’s premiere features a Disney-style opening number with the citizens of West Covina buzzing about her whereabouts. McKenna calls it “a curtain-raiser on the second...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.