Frankie Muniz Relives Secret Health Battle During Dancing with the Stars Most Memorable Year Week

PEOPLE.com | 10/9/2017 | Aili Nahas
Click For Photo: http://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/frankieportrait.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1261px,662.025px&resize=1200,630

Frankie Muniz, who left Hollywood in 2006 to become a professional race-car driver, channeled his health issues into Most Memorable Year Week on Dancing with the Stars on Monday night.

In 2009, Muniz had a serious accident on the race track.

Car - Bunch - Wall - PEOPLE - Month

“My car flipped a bunch and I crashed into a wall,” he told PEOPLE last month. “In the end, I broke my back, ankle, four ribs and my hand. My thumb was dangling by the skin.”

During his recuperation, Muniz began drumming in the band Kingsfoil and found a new passion for music.

Band - Guys - Aspect - Muniz - Band

“I loved the band, I loved the guys, I loved every aspect of it,” he said. Muniz also managed the band and by 2014, he was ready for a change.

“From the time I was 8 years old, I never stopped working,” the former child star said. “In 20 years, I had maybe 30 vacation days. I realized I was exhausted. It was good in the sense that I could literally do whatever I wanted to. But bad in the sense that I don’t know how to operate when I don’t have to be somewhere.”

Muniz - Condition - Mini-stroke - Attack - Blood

Muniz was also living with a puzzling condition. In 2012, he suffered his first mini-stroke, or transient ischemic attack, during which blood supply to the brain is temporarily cut off. (Unlike a stroke, there are no lasting effects). Since then, Muniz estimates he has had 15 mini-strokes, varying in frequency and length.

“First, I lose my peripheral vision,” explained Muniz of the attacks. “And I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!