Another Flint Official Faces Manslaughter Charges For Water Crisis

The Daily Caller | 3/6/2016 | Staff
tiazanne (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016-03-11T213857Z_1_LYNXNPEC2A1DK_RTROPTP_4_MICHIGAN-WATER-e1458066088291.jpg

Michigan’s chief medical officer is facing charges of involuntary manslaughter and misconduct, filed Monday by the Flint Water Crisis investigation’s special prosecutor.

Chief medical officer Eden Wells’s hearing was supposed to begin at 9:30 a.m. Monday, but it was delayed after her legal team was made aware of the two new charges, The Detroit News reports.

Monday - Morning - Prosecutor - Todd - Flood

“We were told only [Monday] morning that [special prosecutor Todd Flood] proposes to file two additional charges,” Wells’s attorney Jerold Lax told the Associated Press. “And under the circumstances, we reluctantly agreed to an adjournment so as to be able to prepare.”

Flood decided to bring the new charges after “revelations” were revealed during testimony last week in the preliminary exam hearing against state Health and Human Services Director Nick Lyon, The Detroit News reports.

Details

“I really can’t get into the details of it but...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.