Nets Praised Weinstein For Two Years, Ignored Past Allegations

NewsBusters | 10/9/2017 | Staff
darkkazune (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/weinstein_on_cbs.png

The liberal media, who claim to champion women, overlooked allegations against Hollywood’s Harvey Weinstein for two years. Instead, they gave him applause.

Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein was fired Sunday in the aftermath of a New York Times story, which reported that eight women had accused Weinstein of sexual harassment. While other allegations against Weinstein were public long before that, the three broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC) overlooked them during their morning and evening news shows -- and praised Weinstein instead.

Model - Police - Weinstein - Story - News

In 2015, an Italian model called the police after allegedly being harassed by Weinstein; while the story made the news, the media were quick to forget the incident. From April 2015 to July 2017, network news hailed Weinstein as a “movie mogul,” congratulated him on awards, told stories about their relationship with Weinstein and encouraged him to share his political views. In that same span of time, the networks talked about Weinstein 14 times. Each time, they ignored his sexual allegations from 2015.

Three months after the 2015 allegations broke, NBC co-host Kathie Lee Gifford told a story on the Today Show about how she made friends with Weinstein. She revealed to Hoda Kotb on June 4, 2015, “I became friends with Harvey Weinstein because I hated Pulp Fiction. I hated the movie. I couldn’t watch it. The male---the rape scene, I just turned it off...And I said I can’t watch it, so I’m not putting it in my brain.”

Producer - Heard - Gifford

When the producer heard about Gifford’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
48 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!